My favorite cookies are ginger & molasses cookies. I've never made these- I've always just bought them at Whole Foods. Now that I have a baby who is more of a sleeper than my first was, I have some time to do some things like bake. This morning I had time to finish up two crocheted slouchies and make banana bread! Next weekend I will be making these bad boys for breakfast and enjoying them with some chai. They are so yummy. I'm sure you'll love them! Ingredients:
4 cups flour (or Pamela's wheat and gluten-free Baking Mix)
4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp sea salt
2 farm-raised eggs
1.5 cups organic palm oil
2 cups organic palm sugar or 1/2 to 1 cup of raw honey
1/2 cup of organic molasses
organic granulated sugar (optional)
1. Melt 1.5 cups of organic palm oil. Let cool.
2. Mix the palm oil, sugar or honey, molasses and eggs. Beat well.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Chill 3 hours or overnight.
4. Form into 1 inch balls. (optional: roll in granulated sugar)
5. Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes.
Store cookies in an airtight container.
Makes about a dozen cookies.