These are books I highly recommend for new parents- they span from the pregnancy stage to many years postpartum. Some are good for all stages and some are good for some in particular. Either way, they are great for raising your child naturally and lovingly. Embrace what you will and discard what you wish from each... Enjoy! 1. The Continuum Concept... by Jean Liedloff
2. Spiritual Midwifery... Ina Mae Gaskin
3. Bountiful, Blissful, Beautiful... Gurmukh Kaur Kalsa
4. The No-Cry Sleep Solution... Elizabeth Pantley
5. Superbaby (a great all-around book about everything)... by Dr. Jenn Berman
6. Birthing from Within... by Pam England and Rob Horowitz
7. The Baby Sleep Book... Dr. William Sears
8. Super Baby Food (don't agree with everything in this book esp the tofu b/c as well all know now soy is very bad for us but worth the golden nuggets you find throughout as well as some great recipes)... Ruth Yaron
9. Momma Zen (a beautiful novel with wonderful insights on motherhood)... by Karen Maezen Miller
10. Real Food for Mother and Baby... by Nina A. Planck
11. The Highly Sensitive Child (if you suspect your child is a more sensitive being)... by Elaine Aron, Ph.D.
12. The Science of Parenting... by Margot Sunderland
13. The Diaper-Free Baby... by Christine Gross-Loh
14. The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding... compiled by La Leche League
15. The Aware Baby... by Aletha J. Solter, Ph.D.
16. Baby Signs... by Linda Acredolo, Ph.D. and Susan Goodwyn, Ph.D.
17. The Attachment Parenting Book: A Commonsense Guide to Understanding and Nurturing Your Baby... by William and Martha Sears
18. How to Give Your Baby Encyclopedic Knowledge... by Glenn Doman, Janet Doman and Susan Aisen
19. Oh, Baby, The Places You'll Go (it's never too early for Dr. Seuss. This was written specifically for little ones growing in momma's womb)... Trish Rabe, inspired by Dr. Seuss